The Earth is the most important condition for us to survive. How to protect the Earth’s environment has always been an important part of human scientific research. Environmental testing laboratories also produce many pollutants in the process of detection and analysis, and many regions have All types of laboratories, however, have labs that produce pollutants. Then what types of lab pollutants are there and how are the lab-generated pollutants changed? Have you ever studied these problems?
The most common pollutants in environmental testing laboratories are waste water, waste gas, and waste residues. However, we can classify them according to the nature of the pollution: chemical pollution, biological pollution, and radioactive contaminants. According to the form of pollutants: Wastewater, waste gas, solid waste
Moreover, in the environmental testing laboratory, the experimental pollution of its project is particularly severe. The following Xiaobian of BOKA introduces it to a project case:
Taking the most common project COD analysis (potassium dichromate method) as an example, in the analysis of wastewater containing high concentrations of Cl- (most printing and dyeing wastewaters contain Cl-), 0.4 g of HgSO4 must be added to exclude Cl - interference. If you do not count duplicates or spikes and use only one sample of water, the total mercury contamination caused by 0.4 grams of HgSO4 will require dilution with 5.4m3 of fresh water to achieve compliance. The consumption of HgSO4 in one county-level station in southern Jiangsu can reach 200 grams or more. What's more, the environmental pollution brought by COD analysis is not only an HgSO4, but it has similar problems with other key reagents. Silver sulfate, potassium dichromate and sulfuric acid all cause serious pollution. After reading it, it scares us. Yes. A project can produce many and many pollutants, which will have serious consequences.
Let's take a look at what links we should pay attention to in the normal work of environmental testing laboratories.
1. Non-hazardous solid waste: Laboratory waste must not be discarded in building corridors. It must be stored in laboratories with garbage bags or barrels. When a certain amount is reached, it must be discarded to a designated place and unified. Waste empty glass reagent bottles must not be thrown indiscriminately and must be stored in various laboratories for regular recycling.
2. Hazardous solid waste: Each laboratory must prepare a special barrel or box for storage of hazardous solid waste, and achieve a certain amount of uniform treatment.
3. Organic liquid waste: Organic waste solvents, waste reagents, etc. shall not be directly poured into the sewers for discharge. They shall be classified according to “hydrocarbons”, “halogenated hydrocarbons”, etc. and be stored in special organic waste liquid barrels. . After the waste container is full, it will be transferred to the waste storage room and wait for unified treatment.
4. Inorganic liquid waste: The inorganic waste liquid containing inorganic heavy metals must not be discharged directly through the sewer, but must be stored in a special waste liquid barrel. After the waste container is full, it will be transferred to the waste storage room and wait for unified treatment. Inorganic waste acid must be neutralized with alkali and discharged through a sewage room.
5. Gas wastes: All experiments with gas generation must be conducted in a fume hood. The tests that generate a large amount of harmful gases must adopt necessary absorption treatment or protective measures.
The environment of environmental testing laboratories will be affected by air, water flow, and environment. Environmental testing laboratories are sometimes like small pollution sources, so this type of laboratory must pay attention to environmental protection. With the ever-changing society, there are more and more types of laboratories and more and more laboratories. The country has always advocated the construction of green eco-environmental laboratories. When it comes to laboratory design and construction, it is necessary to find Professional companies to design, reduce the birth of pollution-based laboratories.