Principle: Ensure aseptic operation, achieve convenient work, and prevent contamination.
Laboratory composition: chemical laboratory, washing bacteria room, sterile operation room (inoculation room), culture room, cytology laboratory, other small instruments and equipment.
1) Chemical laboratory (preparation room): complete the storage, weighing, dissolution, preparation, and sub-packaging of various medicines used.
Main equipment: medicine cabinet, dust-proof cabinet (holding culture container), refrigerator, balance, water distiller, acidity meter and commonly used glass equipment for culture medium preparation.
2) Washing and sterilization room: complete the washing, drying, storage, and sterilization of culture medium of various utensils.
Main equipment: pool, operating table, autoclave, drying sterilizer (such as oven), etc.
3) Aseptic operation room (inoculation room): It is mainly used for disinfection of plant materials, inoculation, transfer of cultures, subculture of test tube seedlings, preparation of protoplasts and all technical procedures that require aseptic operations.
Main equipment: UV light source, ultra-clean workbench, sterilizer, alcohol lamp, inoculation equipment (inoculation tweezers, scissors, scalpel, inoculation needle), etc.
The inoculation room should be small rather than large, generally 7-8 square meters. The floor, ceiling and walls are required to be as tight and smooth as possible, easy to clean and disinfect. It is equipped with a sliding door to reduce air disturbance when opening and closing the door. The inoculation room should be dry, quiet, clean and bright. 1~2 UV sterilization lamps are hoisted at the appropriate position for irradiation sterilization. It is best to install a small air conditioner to make the room temperature controllable, so that the doors and windows can be closed tightly to reduce convection with the outside air. The inoculation room should be equipped with a buffer, with an area of 1m2. Change clothes and shoes here before entering the aseptic operation room to reduce the bacteria brought into the inoculation room when entering and exiting. It is better to install an ultraviolet sterilization lamp in the buffer room for irradiation sterilization.
4) Cultivation room: The cultivation room is a place where the inoculated materials are cultivated and grown. The size of the cultivation room can be determined according to the size, number, and other auxiliary equipment of the required cultivation racks. Its design is based on the principle of making full use of space and saving energy. The height should be slightly higher than the culture rack, and the surrounding walls are required to have heat insulation and fire protection performance.
The culture material is placed on the culture rack for culture. Most of the culture racks are made of metal, generally 5 layers, the lowest layer is about 10cm above the ground, the other layers are about 30cm apart, and the culture rack is about 1.7m high. The length of the culture rack is designed according to the length of the fluorescent lamp, such as 40W fluorescent lamp, the length is 1.3m, the length of 30W is lm, and the width is generally 60cm.
The most important factor in the culture room is the temperature, which is generally maintained at about 2027°C, equipped with heat generating devices, and installed with window or vertical air conditioners. Since different types of tropical plants and frigid plants require different temperatures, it is best to have different cultivation rooms for different types.
The indoor humidity is also required to be constant, and the relative humidity should be maintained at 70% to 80%. A humidifier can be installed. Time switch clock can be installed to control the light time, generally need 10-16h light every day, and some need continuous light. Short-day plants need short-day conditions, and long-day plants need long-day conditions. Most modern tissue culture laboratories are designed to use natural sunlight as the main energy source, which not only saves energy, but also the tissue culture seedlings grow well under the sunlight and are easy to survive domestication. It can be supplemented with lighting on rainy days.
Main equipment: culture rack (temperature control, light control and humidity control), shaker, incubator, ultraviolet light source, etc.
5) Cytology laboratory: used to observe and analyze cultures and count cultures, etc. Main equipment: Binocular solid microscope, microscope, inverted microscope, etc.
6) Other small instruments and equipment: dispensers, blood cell counters, pipettes, filter sterilizers, electric furnaces and other heating appliances, magnetic stirrers, low-speed desktop centrifuges, etc.