The importance of Lab Safety Cabinet in laboratory construction
Using Lab Safety Cabinet is the biggest purpose discharge harmful gases generated in the experiment, protect the health of the researchers, that is to say, want to have a high security and excellent operability, which requires the Lab Safety Cabinet should have the following functions:
(1) release function: it shall have the means to remove the harmful gas from the inside of the Lab Safety Cabinet by absorbing the gas outside the cabinet, so that the outdoor body shall be excluded after dilution.
(2) non-reflux function: the air flow generated by the exhaust fan inside the Lab Safety Cabinet shall be the function of not reverse-flow into the chamber from the inside of the Lab Safety Cabinet. In order to ensure the implementation of this function, a Lab Safety Cabinet with a fan with a single pipe connection is the best way, cannot use a single pipe connection, also only can be provided the same room and even, fan installed at the end of the pipe as far as possible (or roof).
(3) isolation function: the Lab Safety Cabinet shall be separated by a non-sliding glass window in front of the safe cabinet of the laboratory.
(4) supplementary function: a passage or an alternative device that takes air into the air from the Lab Safety Cabinet when discharging harmful gases.
(5) control the wind speed function: to prevent the harmful gas escaping from the Lab Safety Cabinet, there needs to be a certain amount of inhalation speed. The factors that determine the intake speed of the safety cabinet in the laboratory are: the heat and the relationship with the number of ventilation times. The main one is the content of the experiment and the nature of the harm. Generally, it is stated that the non-toxic pollutants are 0.25%-0.38m/s, toxic or dangerous substances are 0.4-0.5 m/s, and the poisonous or small amount of radioactivity is 0.5-0.6 m/s, the gas is 0.5 m/s and the particle is 1m/s. In order to ensure the wind speed, the exhaust fan should have the necessary static pressure, namely the friction resistance of air through the ventilation ducts. Determine the wind speed must also pay attention to the noise problem, through the air in the pipe flow is limited to 7-10 m, more than 10 m will produce noise, usually laboratory (indoor background noise level) noise limit is 70 dba, increase the pipeline laying area can reduce wind speed, also reduce noise, considering the funding and pipeline construction question, must choose carefully pipeline and exhaust fan power.
(6) resistance to heat and acid and alkali corrosion: some Lab Safety Cabinets are installed with electric furnaces. Some experiments produce large quantities of toxic and harmful gases, such as acid and alkali, which are highly corrosive. The countertop of the Lab Safety Cabinet, the lining board, the side board and the selected water mouth and the gas nozzle should have the anti-corrosion function. In the semiconductor industry or corrosive experiments use the occasion of sulfuric acid, nitric acid, hydrofluoric acid, such as acid also requires Lab Safety Cabinets overall material must be well protected against acid and alkali, shall be stainless steel or PVC materials.
The construction of modern biochemical laboratory is a comprehensive system project. In the equipment of all kinds of instruments and equipment and its supporting facilities at the same time, should not only consider the power supply, water supply, drainage, air supply and exhaust air purifying sewage, but also to the security of personnel, objects and surroundings, noise, smell, visual environment of comfort, the maneuverability of the equipment, functionality, and ease of processing. Therefore, the modern biochemistry laboratory must have the best design and high-quality equipment to satisfy.