How to disassemble the laboratory equipment? Will laboratory samples be damaged? Is the precious instrument intact? Can equipment that moves to a new location run smoothly? Is there anything missing?
A lot of trivial things, how to seize the key to ensure the smooth progress of the relocation?
Step one: Rules
1. Accurately assign team tasks
2. Seek internal company opinion
3. Formulate appropriate measures to reduce the risk
4. Develop a backup plan to respond to unexpected situations
Step 2: Detailed process
1. Stop running laboratory equipment, packaging, packing, unboxing
2. Handling hazardous materials during transportation
3. Re-enable the lab instrument IT connection
4. Temperature control
5. Comply with global regulations
Step 3: Communication
1. Identify the people you need to know
From the laboratory's management personnel to the responsible personnel of the business or the personnel of the transport company hired professionally, the management personnel from the supplier to the equipment, as well as the common company employees and the external communication plan are crucial for successful laboratory relocation.
2. Pay close attention to previous work and identify issues that need to be planned in advance, such as insurance for "Laboratory Instrument Transport", regulatory documents that need to be processed, timeliness and laboratory sample management that requires temperature control
Step 4: Emergency plan
1. To plan ahead for a variety of situations or even worst-case scenarios, it is important to prepare a contingency plan for the relocation of your own laboratory.
2. Understand your partners, suppliers, and external vendors and their related policies to determine if there is room for flexibility in time
3. The contingency plan should include RAID (as well as Risk, Assumption, Issue, Dependency) or Risk Register. The RAID project will begin to be created and updated when laboratory relocation projects begin to be identified. All potential should be listed. Risks and problems, if any, are revealed and tracked and resolved