Any laboratory construction must follow certain principles. As the saying goes: no rules are not square, then what principles should be followed in the construction of biological laboratories? Next, BOKA will tell you one.
1. Scientific and reasonable principle: Infectious and pathogenic microorganisms, as long as it is not in contact with the human body, the infection will not occur, and the pathogen is enclosed in a certain space to avoid exposure to an open environment. The operator indirectly operates it (such as gloves, robots, etc.), and the air and water that are in contact with the paddock are treated and discharged. Biosafety cabinets used in the laboratory. Air exposed in the paddock (including safety cabinets and laboratories) is considered to be a hazardous pollutant, and the air in the laboratory is filtered through a HEPA filter or other purified to protect the environment.
2. Safety principle: Safety is the direct purpose of building a laboratory. All unsafe and safe designs in construction should be banned. All parameters that conflict with biosafety should be designed to comply with safety requirements. For example: purification requirements are subject to safety, easy to use, safe, economical, and human-oriented.
3. Design principle: Before the construction of the laboratory, the risk assessment of the pathogenic microorganisms and research contents to be carried out should be carried out. It must have a scientific and reasonable overall concept and conceptual design. On this basis, the layout should be based on the outline of the operation process. Process design, and then specific design of air conditioning ventilation and electronic control.
4. Management Principles: Must be managed in accordance with the Regulations on Biosafety Management of Pathogenic Microorganisms issued by the State Council. The management principles of this regulation for pathogenic microorganisms are: pathogenic microorganisms are classified management, and laboratories are hierarchical management.
5. Keep away from the pathogen principle: The laboratory is built to study pathogenic microorganisms and highly pathogenic microorganisms. The necessary experiments must be carried out in the laboratory. However, when not necessary, contact the pathogens as little as possible or enter the laboratory. For example, it can be done in a semi-polluted area without entering a contaminated area; it can be done in a clean area without entering a semi-polluted area; 2 people in the laboratory can complete 3 people without being involved; unrelated personnel do not enter the laboratory. After using the laboratory, it should be cleaned and sterilized in time, and no dirt should be left. The bacteria (toxic) liquid that needs to be stored should be sent to the depository for storage.
6. Precautionary principle: The laboratory should use biological and physical testing and qualified safety cabinets, exhaust filters and high-pressure steam sterilizers to ensure zero leakage. Through the safety monitoring of the experimental process, problems should be taken in time. Prevention and improvement measures. If there are signs of laboratory infection, it is necessary to take timely isolation measures to prevent second-generation cases.
7. Principle of use: Under the premise of ensuring safety, laboratory construction should consider the problem of reasonable and convenient activities during the work process. Therefore, the user's opinion should be sought when formulating the plan.
8. Principle of conservation: The principle of conservation should be promoted on the premise of ensuring safety. The standard for ensuring safety is the national standard (GBl9489-2004). Safety performance should be reliable, everything must be strict, pay attention to the essence, complete functions, meet the requirements, but not luxury.
BOKA Lab's high-end customization is a one-stop service platform, including green research building planning and design, laboratory overall planning consultation, laboratory internal construction engineering, laboratory furniture product customization, laboratory instrument consumables, laboratory operation maintenance, and experiment. Laboratory high-end customized services such as room relocation, laboratory online mall consultation, laboratory offline experience library experience.