Whether it is a factory laboratory or a teaching laboratory or a government-run laboratory, it is inevitable that there will be negligence in the course of the experiment. If something unexpected happens, how can it be rescued?
Here is a summary of how to deal with fires in the lab when it comes to fires in the lab. Those "labor injuries" in the laboratory
First of all, no matter what kind of fire, the first time should be to cut off the power supply, so as to avoid the development of the fire, in the case of ensuring their own safety, and need to call 119 fire alarm in time.
1. When the metal sodium is on fire, the sand can be poured on it.
2. When alcohol and its water-soluble liquid catch fire, use water to extinguish the fire.
3. When the wire is on fire, it is not allowed to use water and carbon dioxide fire extinguisher. The power supply should be cut off or a carbon tetrachloride fire extinguisher should be used.
4. Pay attention to the protection of the site in the event of a fire. A large fire accident should be reported immediately.
5. When the clothes are burning, avoid running. You can wrap your body with clothes or coats or lie on the ground to extinguish the fire.
6. When the organic solvent such as gasoline, ether or toluene is on fire, use asbestos cloth or sand to extinguish. Never use water, otherwise it will increase the burning area.
7. When the flammable liquid is burning, immediately remove all flammable substances in the fire area and turn off the ventilator to prevent the expansion from burning. If the fire area is small, cover it with a rag, damp cloth, iron sheet or sand, and block the air to extinguish it.
However, it should be lightly covered to avoid knocking or knocking over glassware containing flammable solvents, causing more solvent to flow out and catch fire.
BOKA is a brand enterprise specializing in the overall design planning and construction of the laboratory. The products include: experimental bench, fume hood, central station, side table, gas bottle cabinet, sky platform, ventilation system, pneumatic system. Laboratory furniture and laboratory systems engineering such as purification systems.